- ID Requirement in Maryland:
- If you are between 18 - 21, you must provide identification in the form of a drivers license or birth certificate. Only one applicant needs to be present. We recommend bringing identification with you even if you are over 21.
- Residency Requirement:
- You do not have to be a resident of Maryland. However, you must be married in the county where you purchase your license.
- Previous Marriages:
- Maryland requires that you show your divorce decree, or have information regarding date, county and state of death of your previous spouse.
- Waiting Period in Maryland:
- There is a waiting period of 48 hours in Maryland to get married.
- Same Sex Marriages:
- Yes, the state of Maryland recognizes same sex marriages.
I do officiate civil unions
- Under 18:
- Parental consent is needed if under 18 years of age. If you are between 16-18 years of age, one of your parents or guardian must be with you and provide written consent.
- If you are under 16 years of age, you will need both the written consent of your custodial parent or guardian and the written approval of a judge of the Orphans' Court Division of the Court of Common Pleas.
If you are under 18, pregnant or have a child, and show a certificate from a licensed physician stating you are pregnant or have had a child, the parental consent requirement may be waived.
- Official of a religious order or a deputy clerk or a judge.
- License is valid for 6 months.
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
P.O. Box 68760
Baltimore, MD 21215-0020
Telephone: (410) 764-3038
PLEASE NOTE:State and county marriage license requirements often change. The above information is for guidance only and should not be regarded as legal advice.
It is important that you verify all information with your local marriage license office or county clerk before making any wedding plans. Your license must be issued in the county where the ceremony will be performed.
To contact me, you can email: email@example.com or call 410-318-8877. I will assist you in making your day truly special and memorable.